Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year, New Resolutions, New Things

Ringing in the new year consists of being with family and friends and enjoying the times you have shared and are ready to share new memories with them. It’s a fun holiday! Although it’s a holiday that makes you ponder, “What is a way for me to change my perspective of things this new year? Of course I had to share my New resolutions, I will write them as a countdown.

1.       To write more! Of course it might sound cliché because I am on a blog site writing, you might think I’ve written many posts. However, with a busy schedule in life you really have to MAKE time to sit and record the thoughts you want to share. I am going to pursue my goal to write more. I love fashion and putting outfits together and I have always thought I want to share my ideas! 2012 is the year to begin!

2.       As I mention earlier being an educator and a student in college it’s a real juggle to fit everything in your schedule. I decided another New Resolutions is to MAKE time to do items on my list adding more hobbies in a day’s worth. I always do things for everyone that is what I like to do and this year I want to fit more time to do things as, baking cupcakes and just do things for youself. If every woman knows, you need some alone time to wine down from  a long day. (of course your man does that too, who do you think invent idea of alone time, one word MANCAVE). That’s a nice word to hear, women need a cave too!

3.        Being healthy! Every year you can tell yourself I will work out more, I will add that color in my life, by eating fruits. Though you might just do it for half the year, this year it is and will be everyday. (the fruit, eating healthier by adding fish, more fiber, balancing those proteins and carbohydrates to your diet). I wish I could go to the gym everyday! This year I also want to be more organized and I want to create a schedule (sounds silly), but schedules even if they are tentative to change it allows you to fit more in a day’s worth or at least try! If you saw my 11 must have items for 2011 I listed Zumba! I love Zumba and I want to do it a lot more this year!! As well as yoga, I love peaceful moments!

4.       Because I am an Educator, I want to make a resolution devoted to my teaching, I want to bring more engagement to the classroom. I noticed as the years pass by generations change on a everyday basis, sometimes especially with Science, the students can lose interest If they don’t see how is this shown in the real world. Science I know is all around us I want them to see that as well. I also want to do things right then and there, because “later” is not an option. I also want to have the opportunity to share thoughts (as I have) on an everyday basis with the students, end the period with something they learned in class, but also outside of class as well! Learning from each other is the best gift anyone can give or receive.

Since today is New Year’s Eve I want to devote some time to what every woman should have to celebrate the day/evening with Family and Friends.

1.       Cute hairstyle- Since it is a day that is only once a year, women don’t want to have that everyday style, they want a style that shouts out “New Years Day”! I love a good magazine, especially Glamour or Cosmo. They also have great articles of new hairstyles that women should display. For New Year’s Eve I like curls in hair with a pin on the side of your hair it looks classic and shows off your earrings!

2.       Bling bling purse- New Year’s day is all about showing that shine, I mean we are shinin’ in the New Year. (I know it’s ringin’ in, but I thought shinin’ that’s cute to rhyme as well).  Every girl should have a sparkle ensemble, whether it’s a sparkle purse or satin purse with some jewels on it.

3.       Accessories, Accessories and more Accessories- You can never have enough…Accessories that is, of course there our outfits that just need a simple necklace, ring or earrings to add to the outfit. Though for New Year’s I feel you can never have enough! Add the necklace, ring, bracelets, earrings, If your outfit is not to sparkley then sparkle it up with the accessories.

4.       Statement shoes- I decide to wear gold sparkly shoes for NYE occasion, but every woman should have shoes that shine in for the year! If your outfit is skinny jeans, a crop sparkle top add those sparkly shoes or fun festive shoes would be great. You can never go wrong with black classic pumps. If you are wearing a sparkle dress, show off those shoes!

5.       Pink or red lips-Some of the readers might feel that red lips just are for Christmas, but adding that color to your lips allows your outfit to pop. The pink (which I mean a glossy pink dark or light, depending on your pigment color to your face and outfit). The red lips always give a great look to the outfit, if you feel you are not into the reds lipstick, you could always get lipgloss that give off a tint of red or you could wear the red lipstick and add the shine by applying clear gloss. Another great color to add to lips if you are not into pink or red, would be goldish tint to your lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment